by Patty McCarty
Fusing events from the life of Dorothy Day, co-founder of the Catholic Worker Movement, This Other Love remembers Day as a common-law wife expecting her first child in a cottage on the beach of Staten Island. A surprise visit from Peter Maurin, eccentric activist and future co-founder, revives Day’s passion to work with the poor. Her struggle to take heart, overcome objections and follow God’s call is the focus of this lyrical and lovely play, a world premiere at Acacia.
- Exchange Privileges. Season subscribers may exchange tickets for a different performance date at no cost. Non-subscribers will be charged a $3 per ticket fee in order to exchange tickets to a different performance.
- Ticket Insurance. If your tickets are lost or destroyed, you may request replacement tickets and still see the show.
- Priority Seating. When you order your subscription to Acacia for the upcoming season you establish your right to renew those same great seats the following year.
Other Helpful Information
- Wheelchair Seating. Wheelchair seating is available. Please inform us if you have special needs when ordering your tickets.
- Children. In consideration of other audience members, there is no admittance for children under age five. Generally, our shows are created for adult audiences and from time to time deal with contemporary societal issues. Please call the office to ask about suitability for young people.
- Group Discounts. Groups of ten or more who make arrangements prior to the production are entitled to further discounted tickets.
- Weather Policy. Acacia Theatre Company does not cancel or reschedule performances due to inclement weather, nor can we offer refunds.
- Theater Etiquette. Please turn off all cell phones, pagers and chiming watches before performances begin. Please keep all cell phones closed during the performance. If you are expecting a call, please leave your pager or phone with the box office along with your seat location, and they will contact you if necessary. Please unwrap hard candies and throat lozenges before the performance and remain in your seat until intermission.
- Use of Cameras & Recording Devices. The use of any recording device, audio or visual, and taking photographs with or without flash during the performance is strictly prohibited.
- Food & Beverages. Food & beverages are not permitted in the theater.
- TalkBacks. You have the opportunity to meet with the actors after performances to discuss the production.
- Prayer. Please share your prayer requests or praises by writing them down on the notecards provided on the lobby table and place them in the Prayer Box.